Perhaps I’m crazy. Over the years, several people have volunteered that opinion. I seem to be throwing myself into life in an unprecedented way. I’m going here, I’m going there. And mostly I’m flying through the air (with the greatest of ease).
Between now and early January, I’m stepping aboard twenty airplanes. This will involve a major dip into savings. It’s not that I haven’t considered the financial fallout … but I’m doing it anyway!
It’s all about love. And the physical distance between my loved ones and me will decline to zero, again and again. I will be looking into the eyes of Canadians, Americans, Belgians and Senegalese, and I will see beauty there. I will truly be a world traveller, something that has not been true in the past.
Here’s my itinerary. The dates are approximate but you’ll get the idea:
1. March 19 – Toronto to San Francisco for the Evolutionary Collective Base Camp three-day weekend
2. March 27 – San Francisco to Toronto
3. April 30 – Toronto to San Jose, California for the EC five-day event “All Together Now”
4. May 9 – San Jose to Toronto
5. June 5 – London, Ontario to Calgary, Alberta for my nephew Jaxon’s high school graduation
6. June 13 – Calgary to London
7. June 28 – Toronto to Edmonton, Alberta to visit my friend Sharyn in Mannville, Alberta and my brother-in-law Lance and his family in Longview, near Calgary
8. July 12 – Calgary to Toronto
(What? One day between! You’re nuts.)
9. July 14 – Toronto to Amsterdam, the Netherlands
10. July 15 – Amsterdam to Brussels, Belgium to visit Lydia, Jo, Lore and Baziel
11. July 20 – Brussels to Rome, Italy to go ‘splorin’ with Lydia, Jo, Anja and Curd
12. July 30 – Rome to Brussels
13. August 4 – Brussels to Amsterdam
14. August 4 – Amsterdam to Toronto with Baziel (Lydia and Jo’s son – age 14) and Olivia (Anja and Curd’s daughter – age 14) to explore Toronto, Niagara Falls and Belmont for two weeks
15. December 15 – Toronto to Amsterdam
16. December 16 – Amsterdam to Brussels to visit Lydia and her family
17. December 22 – Brussels to Dakar, Senegal with Lydia and ten other Belgian folks to visit the kids we sponsor in Toubacouta, Senegal
18. January 4, 2020 – Dakar to Brussels
19. January 8 – Brussels to Amsterdam
20. January 8 – Amsterdam to Toronto
Why did I tell you all this stuff? So you’ll think I’m super cool? So you’ll think I’m absolutely full of myself? Well, no. These trips are an expression of my need for contact, true communion, “being with” across the miles. There’s some power surging up in me, demanding I pay attention. My beingness has been deep for years, and that will continue. Now it’s time to get out there far more and do things – Bruce actions that make a difference in Belmont, San Francisco, Nukerke, Pompeii and Toubacouta.
Whatever happened to that recent fellow who wanted to hang out in rural Massachusetts for three months … in silence? He’s still here. It’s just that he’s been transcended and included.
On I go
4 thoughts on “Twenty Flights”
Way to go Bruce!!!
Thank you, Petra … and go and go and go!
that is a rather fascinating set of numbers! wow. so many hearts to share and be a part of it and so many journeys within the journey! looking forward to more adventure write-ups here on your blog!
Thank you, Donna. Yes … so many hearts to share. Makes me happy.