I like words. Today I’m liking words which have two very different meanings, while keeping the same spelling and pronunciation. Homonyms. I find the contrast fascinating.
1. Conviction … being found guilty or being committed
2. Ball … a fancy dance or an object to throw
3. Race … a person’s physical imprint or a competition among runners
4. Pupil … a student or part of the eye
5. Organ … a musical instrument or part of the body
6. Volume … how big something is or how loud something is
7. Date … a day of the year or a rendezvous with romantic potential
8. Mass … how much something weighs or a religious ceremony
9. Cataract … a waterfall or an eye problem
10. Staff … people who work for an organization or a walking stick
The thing is … we human beings often look at an object, a person or an event in one particular way. It means this. But what if it could also mean that? Something completely different from our usual perspective. What if we were open to discovering the infinite amount of thats in life? Would we not be enriched?